Sunday, February 1, 2009

Post Chinese New Year Jogoya Dinner 28/01/2009

Post Chinese New Year Jogoya Dinner 28/01/2009

I took a day off from work today to celebrate the Post Chinese New Year dinner with my family. This time we had dinner in Jogoya restaurant located in the Starhill building or better known as the Starhill gallery.

There were many customers that night. Fortunately, my sister has booked in advance for our dinner. Jogoya is a Japanese buffet style restaurant whereby you can eat as much as possible within the time that you are there. There were also many types of dishes for us to choose from. Ranging from sushi all the way to different types of desserts.

Naturally, I brought my digital camera and started snapping photos of the food and of course my family members as well. Here are some photos of the buffet dinner:

1. Jogoya restaurant's signboard, unique presentation I reckon.
Jogoya Restaurant

2. Lotsa vegetables and raw fishes, have to order if you want any.
Photobucket

3. Various deep fried food in Jogoya.
Various deep fried food in Jogoya
* I skipped this entirely as I don't really want to end up working my butt off to burn the extra fat gain from consuming these.

4. Uncooked fish, also this required to be order first as they will cooked it on the spot.
Lotsa fishes and other seafood in Jogoya

5. Small coconuts, nice to drink but the portion was far too small for my liking.
Small coconuts served in Jogoya

6. All types of fruits.
Photobucket
* Obviously I didn't start my dinner with this.

7. Seafood platter serving style.
Photobucket

8. Various shellfish, clams, oysters and so on.
Photobucket
* I don't eat any of these at all due to being allergic to them.

9. Assorted salads for people who likes their salad raw.
Photobucket

10. So many types of sushi, I didn't really have many of these though.
Photobucket

11. Eggs and vegetables sushi style, all served in small little bowls.
Assorted small bowls of vegetables and eggs

12. Sliced raw fishes like butterfish, tuna and salmon.
Assorted sushi tuna, sashimi, salmon and etc

After having so much cooked and uncooked food, I had to try some of the dessert that was served in Jogoya. There were far too many types of Mochi ("Muachi", term used for gluten rice with peanuts and artificial flavoring) for me to choose from and also all the different types of cakes. I present herewith the photos of the desserts mentioned above:

1. Various Mochi Japanese style, I choose the chocolate with strawberry one I think.
Photobucket

2. Cakes and Jellies in small plates and bowls.
Cakes and Jellies in small plates and bowls

3. Redbean pancake Japanese style.
Japanese bun

4. Mum and Dad after the dinner.
My mother and my father

5. Me feeling too full after the hearty dinner.
Myself and great food

Me and my sister decided to treat my parents for this meal. The cost for each person to go into Jogoya is slightly above RM100. However, I think with the diversified food served in Jogoya, there were room for improvements. I personally feel that too much choices for food somewhat spoilt my appetite. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable experience to have after Chinese New Year.

No comments: