Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend KPMG Community Run Day 30/11/2008

Weekend KPMG Community Run Day 30/11/2008

I woke up about 6:30 am today despite the fact that I slept like 12 the night before. I hate waking up early to do exercises as it was definitely not my style. I had some light breakfast which consisted oatmeal,milk,500ml tea mix with milk, 1 tablet of multivitamin and 4 capsules of omega fish oil.

Here are some photos taken before and after the run:

1. Myself ready for the run about 7:00 am in the morning
Myself before the KPMG Run 2008

2. A pair of Asic shoe that have served me well in all the gym session I performed since early this year.
A pair of Asic shoes

3. My number for the run, 145.
Running number, 145

I arrived at TTDI Primary school about 7:45 am, it was very difficult to find any car park as usual. I had to resort to parking near the Mosque which was about 500 metres away I reckon. The run started about 8:20 am if I am not mistaken, I completed the entire ordeal by 9:15. Total time for me to complete the run was about 45 mins to 50 mins.

My stats for the run is as follows:

Sunday, 30/11/2008, Heavy cardiovascular session

45-50 mins of walking and jogging (unable to estimate speed at all)
* Resulted in 6.2km covered and I think about 500 calories burned or more.

Obviously with that time frame, I did not win anything at all. At least, I know where I stand when it comes to cardiovascular exercises. I may intensify my cardiovascular training whenever I see fit. I will most probably be intensifying the HIIT for runs again, hopefully with better results the next time.

In addition, I think I did pretty alright for this week. This is because if I do the calculation of distance covered for this run and the other two gym sessions, I would arrived at about 15.3km covered this entire week. I may not beat most of the season runners but I am pretty sure that most runners couldn't handle the weight training I do anyways.

No comments: