Sunday, October 19, 2008

Work Day Non Gym Sessions 15/10/2008 to 17/10/2008

Work Day Non Gym Sessions 15/10/2008 to 17/10/2008
This week was pretty bad because I was not able to do two gym sessions during the week days. Also, I am quite lazy to hit the gym on the weekend. Whilst not being able to hit the gym was definitely a bad thing, I was still glad that I did the light cardiovascular sessions walking to the office on a daily basis.

The statistics for the walks are as follows:

Wednesday
, 15/10/2008 Light cardio session
15 mins walked from carpark to office with 2kg worth of stuff
* Resulted in 150 calories burned (estimated)

Thursday, 16/10/2008 Light cardio session
15 mins walked from carpark to office with 2kg worth of stuff
* Resulted in 150 calories burned (estimated)

Friday, 17/10/2008 Light cardio session
15 mins walked from carpark to office with 2kg worth of stuff
* Resulted in 150 calories burned (estimated)

I did the walks to the office only as my dad picked me up after work. This is because lately, I had to stay back at work till quite late these days. I had a choice between going to gym after work on Friday or having the most expensive steak ever. It would be a better choice to hit the gym but the expensive steak was too much to resist.

My dad was gonna treat me this since quite awhile ago (Mainly thanks to my advise on some investments, I guess....) It was about 7:30 pm, we head to the Jake's Charbroil Steaks Restaurant straight after work.

Photo of Jake's Charbroil Steaks Restaurant

Jake's Charbroil Steaks Restaurant
(extracted from Rasa Malaysia)

Some information with regards to the Wagyu:

"Wagyu (和牛 wagyū) refers to several breeds of cattle genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from wagyu cattle is known worldwide for its marbling characteristics, increased eating quality through a naturally enhanced flavor, tenderness and juiciness, and thus a high market value. Several areas in Japan are famous for the quality of their Wagyu cattle, and ship beef bearing their areas' names. Some examples are Kobe, Mishima and Ohmi beef.

Photo of a wagyu cow:

Wagyu Cow

The wagyu cattle's genetic predisposition yields a beef that contains a higher percentage of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids than typical beef. The increased marbling also improves the ratio of monounsaturated fats to saturated fats."

Photo of an uncooked wagyu steak

Photobucket

(information and photos were extracted from wikipedia)

I thought it was just a normal steak that I had so many times not long ago. Boy, was I wrong....I ordered the Wagyu Super Size King (SSK) steak (ie. 600 grams of meat). Due to the fact that I have lent my digital camera to my sister for her Hong Kong holiday trip, my only choice were to extract the photos from some other website.

A photo of the Wagyu Steak
Jake's Wagyu Steak
(This was extracted from some website as well)

Total cost incurred for that meal = RM278 (SSK Wagyu Steak)+ RM10 (Watermelon juice) + RM43.20 = RM 331.20

The taste of the steak was heavenly, it almost any other meat I have tasted in my life. The total cost of the steak was RM278 before taxes. Ouch! Thank goodness I was not paying for that.

However, one must always try once in a lifetime without regrets.....I won't hesitate to have another serving of this one day when I make it big.......hahha

No comments: