Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chinese New Year Celebration 26/01/2009 to 28/01/2009

Chinese New Year Celebration 26/01/2009 to 27/01/2009

Me and my entire family went back to Muar on Monday dated 26/01/2009 and came back the day after on Tuesday dated 27/01/2009. Muar is both my father and mother's home town. This is the time in the year where all Chinese families gather and celebrate the festival together.

Of course, with my new digital camera, I have been taking some photos of the celebration. I am pleased to present herewith the photos:

1. Little Foot eagerly waiting in the car.
Little Foot in the car

2. Bamboo plants just outside my grandmother's place.
Bamboo plants outside my grandma's house

3. Grandmother and me in the living room.
Grandmother and me

4. Me and Chinese New Year decorations.
Me in the living room

5. Me and Wei Kiat who goes to gym quite often as well.
Me and Wei Kiat

6. Ee Chain taking an Ang Pow while Ee Chin is dishing out some this year.
Ee Chain and Ee Chin giving out Angpows

7. Jian, me and Ee Chain posing just outside the living room.
Jian, me and Chain

8. Wei Kiat holding up a mahjong piece.
Wei Kiat holding up a mahjong piece

9. A nicely arranged mahjong set.
Well arranged mahjong stacks

10. This is what the Chinese meant by "Dry swimming"
Dry swimming

11. Ah Fang and his child outside my grandmother's house.
Ah Fang and his son

I visited my father's side of the family on that day as well. Fortunately, both mum and dad side of the family is less than 10 minutes drive away which make it very convenient to go back once each year.

1. Home made Lou Sang by Auntie Lucy.
Home made lou sang

2. Auntie Lucy's cooking in her shophouse.
Aunt Lucy's cooking

3. First Uncle's apartment in Muar.
My uncle's apartment

4. Lotsa people from my father's side in my uncle's apartment.
Dad's side external family members

This year's celebration was almost the same like the year before. However, there was not that much fireworks or firecrackers lit that night. Hence, I can conclude that the recession has been hitting everyone significantly. Hopefully the economy would recover by early next year that is 2010.

No comments: