Saturday, July 17, 2010

Medical Leave Non Gym Session 14/07/2010

Medical Leave Non Gym Session 14/07/2010

I woke up early today and was having a bad flu since the day before. I went to the doctor to obtain a medical certificate. As such, I was therefore on medical leave today. After visiting the doctor, I decided to walk "Little Foot" at the park to clear my head.

Wednesday, 14/07/2010, light cardio session
45 mins walking with Little Foot around the park for 6 times
* Resulted in 120 calories burned and about 3.6km walked and jogged(estimated)

I hope to recover from my flu as soon as possible. I have to start my weights training regime as soon as possible. It has been almost 2 months since my last proper weights training routine.

Also, I have recently completed Borderlands and its downloadable contents ("DLCs"), which I purchased quite awhile ago . Here is a short review of the game. The game length was quite long as I have spent almost 50 hours playing thru the vanilla game as well as the DLCs.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Start menu
Photobucket

2. In-game Borderlands title
Photobucket

3. Four playable characters to choose from
Photobucket

4. I decided to go with Brick
Photobucket

5. In game loading screen
Photobucket

6. Walking around early in game at level 7
Photobucket

7. Essential in any FPS, sniping
Photobucket

8. Meeting T.K Baha who gave me some missions to do
Photobucket

9. This is what happens when you complete a mission
Photobucket

10. Driving around is a lot faster than walking
Photobucket

11. Borderlands at night
Photobucket

12. Buying weapons and ammunition from a vending machine
Photobucket

13. Going berserk in game as Brick
Photobucket

14. Some girl who represents Atlas
Photobucket

15. Guess what was in the Vault?
Photobucket

16. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC
Photobucket

17. Spooky hospital
Photobucket

18. Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC
Photobucket

19. A sample screenshot of Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
Photobucket

20. The secret armory of General Knoxx DLC
Photobucket

21. Driving around with an Armored Personnel Carrier which feels more like a tank
Photobucket

22. Finally meeting General Knoxx who is pretty much insane like the rest of the cast in this game
Photobucket
*I played this game using a keyboard and mouse combo as intended for First Person Shooters ("FPS")

I completed the vanilla game and its DLCs within 47 hours of casual playing. This is a First Person Shooter which incorporates looting and grinding of Diablo-like games. From my point of view, the DLCs are definitely worth the cost and enhanced the gameplay of Borderlands.

Pros:
1. Funny and light-hearted story.
2. Awesome graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.
3. There is quite a bit of replayability in this game since you would want to achieve different endings
4. The game length decent around 50 hours for both the game and its DLCs.
5. One of the best Co-op game to play with your friends

Cons:
1. It takes a lot of grinding to get good loot and to be at higher level
2. Ending is crap
3. Graphic wise could use some AA
4. Gets boring playing alone

My verdict for this game is 8.5 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of the FPS as well as Diablo. This is definitely an entertaining game to play with your friends. While it is not what everything one could hope for in a FPS, it was a decent mixed of two very different genres (ie. FPS and action RPG).

No comments: