Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Work Day Gym Session 24/08/2010

Work Day Gym Session 24/08/2010

I got off work around 6:45 pm today which was very quite alright. I got into the gym around 7:00 pm and got off the gym around 8:30pm. As usual, I tried to do a full blast gym session today but was unable to do so as my body was aching and I felt somewhat sick. Nonetheless, I managed to do one weight exercise before moving on to an hour cardiovascular session.

Total time spent in gym = 1 hour 30 mins

My workout routine as follows:

Barbell shoulder press:
2x10 @ 20kg for warm-up and cool-down
1x10 @ 30kg
2x10 @ 40kg
*Upon completing this weight training, I felt something was not right as 40kg barbell shoulder press won't not have taxed my strength that much. As such, I decided to switch to jogging on the treadmill for an hour instead.

60 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 8.0kmph and gradient = 0%
5 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 6.0 kmph and gradient = 0% for cool-down
* Resulted in 8.49km jogged, around 760 calories burned.

I ran out breath after 30 minutes of jogging on the treadmill. I suspect that I maybe falling sick. Nevertheless, I hope to pull another gym session on this coming Thursday or Friday.

No comments: