Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 01/08/2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 01/08/2010

I woke up quite late today and was having a bad headache. Nonetheless, I went on playing Starcraft 2's single player campaign. I had to finish this no matter what by this weekend. At around 5:30 pm, I decided to give Little Foot a walk in the park.

Here are the stats of the said walk:

Sunday, 01/07/2010, light cardio session
20 mins walking with Little Foot around the park for 3 times
* Resulted in 60 calories burned and about 1.8km walked and jogged(estimated)

Also, I have recently completed Zeno Clash, which I purchased quite awhile ago during a sale on Steam. Here is a short review of the game. The game length was very short as I have spent about 2 hours playing thru the entire campaign.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Sample loading screen
Photobucket

2. In game fight scene
Photobucket

3. My weird teacher
Photobucket

4. My hot girl who follows me for some reason
Photobucket

5. Damsel always in distress
Photobucket

6. Some weird animal in the dessert
Photobucket

7. Someone's hut
Photobucket

8. A bar / pub that serves blood as alcohol
Photobucket

9. Reactivating the golem who does nothing to assist or help me
Photobucket

10. On my way back to the city via some small ship
Photobucket

11. Getting closer
Photobucket

12. Meeting my brothers and sisters who want me dead
Photobucket

13. This is my ultimate enemy, father-mother
Photobucket

14. Some huge door in the city
Photobucket

15. To be continued?
Photobucket
*I played this game using a keyboard and mouse combo as intended for First Person Shooters ("FPS") or better known as First Person Beat'em up in Zeno Clash's case.

I completed the entire game within 2 hours of casual playing. This is a First Person Shooter which incorporates hand to hand combat properly. From my point of view, this game is worth getting if you want something really different from the mainstream.

Pros:
1. Very different and bizarre story.
2. Good graphics, great sound effects and decent voice over.
3. Good execution of hand to hand combat
4. Some weird range weapons that works

Cons:
1. There is very little of replayability in this game
2. The game length was too short around 2 hours for the game itself.

My verdict for this game is 7.3 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who would like to try something different compared to the other choices available at the moment. This is definitely an entertaining game to play with yourself and your friends. While it is not what everything one could hope for in a FPS, it was well executed game where by it managed to blend both range combat and hand to hand combat by giving hand to hand combat more priority.

No comments: