Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/08/2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/08/2010

Due to the fact that I was too lazy to hit the gym today, I decided to walk Little Foot by jogging in the park before going to my friend's BBQ party. Little Foot was really excited to go to the park. However, I did not share his sentiments.

Here are the stats of the said walk:

Saturday, 28/08/2010, heavy cardio session
45 mins walking and jogging with Little Foot around the park for 10 times
* Resulted in 350 calories burned and about 6km walked and jogged(estimated)

Fortunately, I was still able to make it to my friend's BBQ party located in Rawang. I came home from Rawang about 12 midnight as I was quite tired from exercising as well as socializing. Also, I have recently completed Alien Breed: Impact, which I purchased recently during a sale on Steam. Here is a short review of the game. The game length was quite short for a shooter these days as I have spent about 5 hours playing thru entire game.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Title screen shot
Photobucket

2. Menu screenshot
Photobucket

3. Venting gas, will be doing a lot of those throughout the game
Photobucket

4. Narration of Alien Breed's story
Photobucket

5. In game animation
Photobucket

6. There is always a distress signal
Photobucket

7. Sentry guns, my favourite weapon in game
Photobucket

8. Crossing a bridge
Photobucket

9. The whole game revolved inside two spaceships
Photobucket

10. Entering to an old space ship
Photobucket

11. Final boss
Photobucket

12. The ending
Photobucket
*I played this game using a keyboard and mouse combo most of the time. Sometimes, I played this game using my Xbox 360 controller. However, do note that I am more familiar with the keyboard and mouse combo

I completed all missions within 5 hours of casual playing. This was a decent game in terms of the gameplay. Unfortunately, the story was full of crap. From my point of view, this game is should be played by people who enjoy a top down shooter (since there are not many alternatives save for Alien Swarm).

Pros:
1. Easy to use interface
2. Decent graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.

Cons:
1. Uninspiring story, I could have written a better one
2. Missions were to repetitive
3. Same environment throughout the entire game

My verdict for this game is 6.5 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of the top down view shooter. This is a mildly entertaining game to play. However, I would not recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a decent story.

No comments: