Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 21/08/2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 21/08/2010

I woke up quite early today which was around 8:30 am. I had no time to walk Little Foot this morning as I had to send my parents to Subang airport for their flight to Medan, Indonesia. As such, I decided to give Little Foot a walk in the park around 6:30 pm today.

Here are the stats of the said walk:

Saturday, 21/07/2010, light cardio session
30 mins walking with Little Foot around the park for 4 times
* Resulted in 80 calories burned and about 2.4km walked and jogged(estimated)

Also, I have recently completed Supreme Commander 2, which I purchased quite awhile ago during a sale on Steam. Here is a short review of the game. The game length was quite decent as I have spent about 10 hours playing thru all three factions' campaigns.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Supreme Commander 2 title screen
Photobucket

2. Some guy you will play as for the UEF campaign
Photobucket

3. Sample loading screen
Photobucket

4. Nuclear explosion?
Photobucket

5. UEF Gunships heading toward to shielded ground units
Photobucket

6. Building more sea units
Photobucket

7. Ship destroyed
Photobucket

8. Close up short of UEF's commander unit
Photobucket

9. Blockade against Cybran's navy
Photobucket

10. Assaulting a huge city with funny platforms
Photobucket

11. The real bad guy who is a bit quirky
Photobucket

12. Total annihilation of the city
Photobucket

13. Final showdown
Photobucket

14. No more orbital platform for nut-job
Photobucket

15. Sad ending, can't remember who died.
Photobucket
*I played this game using a keyboard and mouse combo as intended for Real Time Strategy ("RTS") games.

I completed all three campaigns within 10 hours of casual playing. This is one of the rare gems where the gameplay exceeds my expectations while the story was full of crap. From my point of view, this game is should be played by people who enjoy a deep RTS and has no love for single player experience.

Pros:
1. Easy to use interface, particularly the 100% zoom out option
2. Setting patrols, queuing up orders and full zoom out view are necessary for any RTS these days.
3. Decent graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.
4. The game length decent for RTS around 10 hours

Cons:
1. Terrible story, I could have written a better one
2. At times, taxing on my PC which is pretty high end to begin with
3. Too many blocks and squares for units

My verdict for this game is 7.0 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of the RTS who yearns for a better interface and deep gameplay. This is definitely an entertaining game to play. However, I would not recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a decent story.

No comments: