Saturday, October 10, 2009

Work Day Gym Session 10/10/2009

Work Day Gym Session 10/10/2009

I got into the gym around 6:00pm since I was able to get off work early today. I got off the gym around 7:30 pm, total time spent in the gym = 1 hour 30 mins.

My workout routine as follows:

Barbell shoulder press:
1x10 @ 20kg for warm-up
*Since the stabilizers on my muscles are weak and the fact that there were people hogging the smith machine, I decided to jog for an hour on the treadmill instead.

40 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 8.0kmph and gradient = 0
15 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 6.0kmph and gradient = 0
5 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 6.5kmph and gradient = 0
5 mins on the treadmill @ speed = 7.2 to 6.0 (cool-down)
* Resulted in 7.8km jogged and around 660 calories burned.

Although this gym session was fairly short, I was huffing and puffing on the treadmill and could wait for the end of it. Also, thanks to the session I did on Thursday, I was unable to recover fully before proceed to this session. I am hopeful to pull another gym session on Sunday if possible, bringing up my frequency to 3 times per week for this week.

No comments: