Friday, February 1, 2008

Work day training 31/01/2008

Work day training 31/01/2008
Today was a bit different from my usual exercise. I got into gym at 6:00 pm, I had an appointment with the personal trainer Poomah but when I got there, my personal trainer was Simd instead. I got off at 9:00 pm, however I spend the next 1 hour and 30 mins resting. I was totally unprepared nor able to adapt to this new training. It was far more tiring then my usual routine.

I would like to share some odd compound weight exercise I did in the gym yesterday with light weights learn from manager from Manulife gym. His name is Simd and used to be a personal trainer from Adelaide. Friendly guy. Luckily I still had my two free sessions.

I did this in the gym for variety reps:

With 2 dumbbells each @ 25lbs and 30lbs combining two exercise:
Squats => Shoulder press

Lawn mower style row:
With one dumbbell @ 40lbs, Half deadlift => full row (ie. like starting a lawnmower)

Woodchopper something:
Using the free range motion stuff. Akin in the Rocky movies. Very light too about 20kg for both arm. reps @ 15 or till failure

Drop set benchpress (i think)
Starts out as 1 reps rest 3-4 secs and 2 reps => so on till 10 reps, I did this with 50kg only including bar.

Deadlift + Pendley rows:
40-50kg including bar, 4 sets with 11, 12, 15 reps.

Deadlift + shoulder shrugs:
50-60kg, 4 sets and different reps again.

Treadmill and rowing and cycling with changes in every 5 mins from speed to gradient for 20 mins.

Since my body was never used to all of the exercise mentioned, as I got home and had a quick dinner, I fall asleep in a very short time. If I do my usual routine, I won't be able to fall asleep at least till 12 or maybe 1 am in the morning. I am so happy with some of these new exercise as it makes me so tired and worn out (This really proves to me that I have lots of improvement to be made, therefore I feel challenge and excited)

Also if anyone has any compound exercises like the above please feel free to share. Heck, I was thinking maybe a light deadlift combined with a bicep curls would be interesting.

No comments: