Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend PC Fair and Bentong Trip 02/08/2008 to 03/08/2008

Weekend PC Fair and Bentong Trip 02/08/2008 to 03/08/2008

I was pretty upset last week and having a time off session on the weekend was what I really needed at the moment. At first, I was going to hit the gym on Saturday dated 02/08/2008. My cousin gave me a call and we head to PC Fair in KLCC Conventional Halls.

PC Fair, Saturday 02/08/2008
Instead of driving down all the way to KLCC, we opted for the Light Rail Transit system starting from Kelana Jaya directly to KLCC. We arrived in KLCC about 3:30 pm and visited each hall from the Ballroom all the way to the Conventional Hall no. 5 and had our dinner at 6:30 pm in Sakae Sushi (very expensive place and was not really worth the money spent).

My cousin was looking for a laptop within the RM3.5k price range. There were many choices but he did not purchase one in PC Fair. My pick would be the Dell Dimension XPS M1530 laptop which is about RM3.8k because it looks nice, have a decent graphic card and integrated sound card.

In the end, we did not purchase anything from PC Fair at all. I got home about 8:30 pm and did some web surfing before heading straight to bed. I had to rest early on Saturday night to get ready for the Bentong trip early next morning.


Bentong Trip, Sunday 03/08/2008
I woke early Sunday morning (6:40 am on a Sunday, that's got to be my personal record) awaiting my friend, Yee Jin to pick me up for the Bentong trip. I brought some provision from the Shell petrol station on the way to Bentong.

We arrived at Bentong about 9:00 am and had our breakfast. My breakfast consisted 2 glass of ice milk tea and one bowl of noodles with beef slices. My impression of Bentong town is that it resembles Ipoh a lot.

Soon after, we headed towards the waterfall in Bentong. A very nice places, I set out below the photos taken for the Bentong trip:

1. Guess who? The water was pretty cold.

2. Everybody was getting really hungry, BBQ on the rocks.
3. Our two accidental cooks, actually everybody helped.
4. We are all carnivorous of nature.
5. The final products of our labor, actually more of Sheau Yih and Meng Wai
After spending like 3-4 hours there, some of us went home straight after. The remaining crew that is Meng Wai, Meng Wai's cousin, Yee Jin and myself went for a preview of our next trip, a more secluded area where the water is so clear that you practically could drink it akin bottled mineral water.

Also, we had Bentong locally made ice cream for snack. I recommend anybody who visit Bentong to try their locally made ice cream, tasted a lot better than Baskin Robbins. Trust me, just order for Durian and Peanut flavored ice cream.

That's all folks. I will post Yee Young's birthday celebration photos as soon as I have the time.

No comments: