Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 14/03/2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 14/03/2010

I woke up fairly late today around 9:30 am. I was unable to walk Little Foot in the morning as the weather became really hot after 10:00 am. As such, I stayed at home most of today to do some house work.

After the rain around 7:00 pm, I decided to walk my dog quickly as I was pretty tired myself. Frankly, I really dislike Sundays as it always remind me of Mondays.

The stats of the walk is as follows:

Sunday, 14/03/2010, light cardio session
25 mins walking Little Foot around the park for 3 times
* Resulted in 80 calories burned and about 1.8km walked(estimated)

Also, I have recently completed Mass Effect 2 which I purchased immediately upon completing Mass Effect 1 . Here is a short review of the game. The game length was similar to its predecessor ie. around 25-30 hours.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Mass Effect 2 main title shot
Photobucket

2. Sample of the loading screen
Photobucket
* Different location different load screen, nice touch.

3. My new ship, Normandy
Photobucket
* Looks exactly like the last one.

4. Reconstruction of the main character after he got blown up
Photobucket

5. The illusive man and Miranda
Photobucket

6. Sample of the battle screenshot
Photobucket

7. The council I saved in the first game, doesn't seem helpful yet again
Photobucket

8. Another sample of a battle screenshot
Photobucket

9. Feels familiar? Looks like Eden Prime except with AA guns
Photobucket

10. Shooting the collector's ship with AA guns, doing some damage
Photobucket

11. Space prison station, just like the Butcher Bay from The Chronicles of Riddick
Photobucket

11. Landing in another city where your ex-team mate is the administrator
Photobucket

12. Getting a Justicar to join my suicide mission
Photobucket

13. Looking for Jacob's that in a planet where there are nice beaches
Photobucket

14. Grunt vs Shaman
Photobucket
* This time round the Krogan portion of the story was pretty boring

15. Sample portion of my journal
Photobucket
* Helping Liara is next on my list.

16. Another dangerous Reaper ship that I have to board
Photobucket

17. On the Reaper ship where there are plenty of zombies
Photobucket

18. Playing as Joker when the Normandy was boarded by the collectors
Photobucket

19. I really hate the illusive man, annoys me before and after a mission
Photobucket

20. Alien's digestive system, processing human is a necessary diet
Photobucket

21. Rallying up the squad before the final fight
Photobucket

22. A jump that looks familiar?
Photobucket
*For Mass Effect 2 which played like 3rd person shooter (very similar to Gears of War), I have used the usual keyboard and mouse combo.

Pros:
1. Very engaging story, well written from the beginning to the end.
2. Awesome graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.
3. There is quite a bit of replayability in this game since you would want to try different weapons
4. The game length was similar to the first one, around 25 to 37 hours or so (depending whether if you rush the main quest or do all the sidequests.
5. No more Mako

Cons:
1. Sometimes, I won't know what to do next
2. Quite buggy, a lot of crashes every now and then, getting stuck in some areas of the game.

My verdict for this game is 9.0 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of the first Mass Effect. This is an excellent follow up to the first Mass Effect. Plays better with better graphics and better sound effects than the first. Everything one could hope for in the sequel.

I hope Bioware releases the third installment of Mass Effect as soon as possible. I can't wait to see what lies next in the universe of Mass Effect.

No comments: