Monday, January 3, 2011

My resolutions for 2011 dated 03/01/2011

My resolutions for 2011 dated 03/01/2011

2010 has passed. I managed to improve certain aspect of my career, health and to some extent happiness.
It is hard to believe that 2010 ended so quickly.

"What gets measured, gets done." I remembered this phrase from some health related websites and business related books.

As such, I have decided to list down my goals and targets for the year 2011 in accordance to the following sub-categories:

1. Health related goals (by end of this year)
- Commence working out in the morning prior office hours (ie. 6:30 am to 7:30 am)
- Reduce weight (focusing on the loss of body fat) from 85kg to 75kg
- Maintain a healthy diet (ie. eating as clean as possible in terms of nutrition)
- Limit alcohol consumption to red wine and beers

2. Weight session related goals (by end of this year)
- Flat barbell bench press = 100kg @ 5 reps
- Full squats = 140kg @ 5 reps
- Deadlifts = 140kg @ 5 reps
- Overhead shoulder press = 70kg @ 5 reps

3. Cardiovascular session related goals (by end of this year)
- Jogging on treadmill = 30 mins @ 9.0 kmph
- To be able to cover 10km within 65 mins on the treadmill
- Participate in at least 3 marathons @ 10km each
- To do fasting cardiovascular sessions time to time

4. Career wise
(by end of this year)
- Complete at least 7-8 speeches for Toastmaster.
- Get confirmed as soon as possible.
- Read as much as possible on industry trends and etc from Economist and other business related magazines.
- To complete all work assigned to me in a timely manner.
- To build professional relationship with team mates as well as superiors.
- To save at least 60% of my salary on a month to month basis
- To get several tailored made suits and some decent shoes.

5. Personal computer / gadgets related matters
(by end of this year)
- To replace my Cool IT Domino ALC Watercooler with Corsair H70 watercooler or better watercooler
- To overclock my i7 processor to 3.6Ghz minimum.
- To add another 6gb DDR3 ram
- To read 75% of the books I have in my iPad (iBook and Goodreader)
- To get a new office chair for my room
- To finish 50% of the games I have on my PC.

I am going to try my best in achieving the above goals and targets that I have set for myself. I look forward in having a productive and happy 2011.

No comments: