Monday, November 12, 2007

Day off work out session and Review of Damansara Uptown Fitness First Gym

Day off work out session 12/11/2007

I went to the Damansara Uptown Fitness First gym today instead of my usual gym in Manulife in Damansara Heights. I have switch my membership from home to passport. This is to due to the fact that I would want to work out on the weekend while not driving all the way to Manulife and have a headache looking for a carpark or validate my parking ticket. (This isn't a lot to do but sure save me some petrol cost.) I arrived at gym @ 11:30 am, finished @ 2:00 pm sharp. Total time spent in gym = 2 hours and 30 mins.

My review of Fitness First gym in Damansara Uptown:
1. Great environment, lotsa cardiovascular equipment (ie. Threadmill, Crosstrainer and steppers)
2.Very small free weights area. (No inclined leg press, one smith machine only), small exercise room and small exercise bike room (the dimmed one)
3.Nice atmosphere, good lighting, majority of the cardiovascular equipment facing the garden outside.
4.Inadequately staffed(Maybe due to non-peak hours)
5.Great toilet facilities but lack of plastic bags for dirty clothes.

Anyway, my work out for today is as below:

5 mins on Exercise bike @ effort level 8 (in this gym effort level only goes up to 12)

Dumbbells benchpress:
2x10 60lbs per arm = 120lbs
2x10 65lbs per arm = 130lbs

Fliers for chest:
2x10 30lbs per arm = 60lbs
2x10 35lbs per arm = 70lbs

Deadlift:
2x10 55kg
1x10 75kg
1x10 65kg
(Hhmm, I think I used the wrong barbell because it was far too short, that barbell should weight about 15kg without any extra free weights on it)

Shoulder fliers:
4x10 15lbs per arm = 30lbs

Ab-crunches:
4x30

Dumbbell bicep curls:
2x10 35lbs per arm = 70lbs
2x10 40lbs per arm = 80lbs

Tricep over head extension:
2x10 65lbs
2x10 75lbs

40 mins on threadmill @ 9.5 kmph
20 mins on threadmill @ 6.0 kmph

I am so spent today, I think I am gonna take a nap after all these. Meanwhile, there goes my annual leaves. Boohoo.

Cheers,

CHONG Kian Wei (aka Ken)

No comments: