Sunday, December 28, 2008

Annual Leave Gym Session 16/12/2008

Annual Leave Gym Session 16/12/2008

I slept about 2 am the night before and woke up 6 am to hit the gym which is in Shangri La Hotel itself. Although I was extremely tired and probably quite fatigued, I still managed to pull off 75% of my usual training which I felt was quite amazing.

I got into the hotel gym at about 6:10 am and I work out till about 8:00 am. Total time spent in the gym = 1 hour 50 mins.

Here are some photos of the gym in the Shangri La Hotel of Jakarta:

1. Inclined benchpress
Inclined benchpress
* Seems to be newer than those in Fitness First back in Malaysia.

2. Smith machine
Smith machine
* I used this machine to do my full squat, seems alright.

3. Barbells and other equipments
Various free weights equipment
* Looks quite high class and clean, staying in a five-stars hotel is awesome.

4. Various fixed weight machines
Various fixed weight equipments
* I only used one of this machine which is the Lat pulldown though.

5. Many treadmills in the gym
TV on the treadmill is the best
* There were built in TVs attached to the treadmill, this was like the best of two worlds.

6. Fixed weight machines from a different angle
Different angle of fixed weight equipment

Without further delay, as far as I can remember my workout routine is as follows:

5 mins on rowing machine @ effort level = 10
* Resulted in 41 calories burned

Standing barbell bicep curls + Skullcrusher (Super-set):
1x10 @ 18.18kg (biceps)
1x10 @ 18.18kg (triceps)
2x10 @ 22.25kg (biceps)
2x10 @ 22.25kg (triceps)
1x10 @ 27.25kg (biceps)
1x10 @ 27.25kg (triceps)
* This is as far as I could remember though, might not be complete nor accurate since 2 weeks have lapsed.

Flat barbell benchpress + Dumbbell Chest Fliers (Super-set):
2x10 @ 50kg (benchpress)
2x10 @ 9.09kg per arm, total = 20kg (fliers)
1x10 @ 60kg (benchpress)
1x10 @ 11.36kg per arm, total = 22.72kg (fliers)
1x10 @ 65kg (benchpress)
1x10 @ 13.63kg per arm, total = 27.27kg (fliers)
* Almost ran out of breath while doing this super-set.

Lat Pulldowns - fixed weight + Full Squats (Super-set):
1x10 @ 60kg (squats)
2x10 @ 50kg (lat-pulldown)
1x10 @ 70kg (squats)
2x10 @ 54.54kg (lat-pulldown)
2x10 @ 80kg (squats)
* I was not in my best form that day, hence I did lighter than usual.

55 mins on exercise bike @ effort level ranging from 6 to 11
* Resulted in 25.80 km cycled and 390 calories burned. I had to opt for this as I had totally ran out of breath and stamina. Since the exercise bikes have TV integrated into the screen, this was almost like a dream come true, exercising while watching TV.

I definitely did a lighter or less strenuous gym compared to my usual routine. Given that I had 5 hours of sleep or less plus I was pretty tired from walking around different malls in Jakarta the day before and I did not have a pre-workout meal to provide energy for myself, I would still say that this gym session was not a waste of time.

Meanwhile, stay tune for my final entry with regards to the Jakarta trip. This time I would be attending the main event itself, Soernaryo and Kimberly's wedding.

No comments: