Sunday, December 28, 2008

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/12/2008

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/12/2008

I walked Little Foot late in the evening today. The weather was not too hot in the evening and it seems as though it was going to rain anytime soon. Given that I have spent the entire day playing Fallout 3, some exercises would really help me relax on my remaining Sunday.

The stats for walking Little Foot is as follows:

Sunday, 28/12/2008 Medium cardio session
25 mins walking Little Foot around the park 4 times
* Resulted in 170 calories burned and about 2.4 km walked(estimated)

I mentioned that I have been occupied with Fallout 3 lately. Whilst this game was no where as good as Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 especially in terms of story. There was the element of exploration that made me keep coming back for more. For your information, I am currently playing a positive Karma female (ie. a good person)

I am playing Fallout 3 for the second time and it is far more entertaining than the first due to the fact that I am taking my own sweet time in completing every single side quest and not rushing the main story. I heard that they will be creating expansion packs for Fallout 3 just like Oblivion. Given the scope of Fallout 3 is a lot smaller than Oblivion, this would good addition to the short story of Fallout 3.

I have taken the liberty to upload some screen shots to give a better picture of the game:

1. My character, Grace at her young age
Photobucket

2. My in game Dad played by Liam Nielson
Photobucket

3. Grace outside of Megaton (the first settlement)
Photobucket

4. Grace staring at the Washington Monument, looks realistic
Photobucket

5. Grace just outside of Rivet City, a city integrated into an old aircraft carrier
Photobucket

6. Behold my Gatling Laser weapon!
Photobucket

7. Grace and Charon outside of Underworld
Photobucket
* I have no idea how was Charon able to wear the unique Outcast Power Armor and Power Helmet.

8. Better view of the Underworld
Photobucket

9. Grace successfully restored the statue of Abraham Lincoln
Photobucket

10. The regulator, Sonora Cruz who buys fingers of negative karma people from Grace
Sonora Cruz
* 10 bottle caps for each finger, should have extracted all 10 from each bad guy/girl.

11. Stealth boy - useful device that one should always keep a few extras
Photobucket

12. Harold and Bob/Herbert in the Oasis
Photobucket
* Hmmmm, I like the Harold voice in Fallout 2 better though.

13. This actually looks like Oblivion more than Fallout 3, totally different settings
Photobucket

14. Tranquility lane, the little is Grace and guess who is the dog?
Photobucket
* I am currently at this stage, trying to drag it longer but seems to be running out of side quests to do.

15. Grace's incomplete collection of Bobble Heads in her Megaton House
Photobucket
* Guess which ones she is missing?

Please note that all screen shots were taken at the resolution of 1280x1024 with 8xAF and 4xAA (for some of them). I enjoyed the game better in my second play through. I definitely feel that the developers should hire better writers as the story was the weakest link in this game.

I would recommend any fans of First Person Shooter (FPS) and Role Playing Games (RPG) to give Fallout 3 a try.

No comments: