Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jakarta Trip from 13/12/2008 to 17/12/2008 Part 2

Jakarta Trip from 13/12/2008 to 17/12/2008 Part 2

First of all, I would like to thank Soenaryo (the bride) for booking rooms for me and the rest of the gang in Shangri-La Hotel. The accommodation far exceeded my expectations. Staying in a five star hotel like Shangri-La was like heaven on earth for me.

I shared a room with Damon, our room number was 1209. Although none of us sleep more than 6 hours per day during our stay in Jakarta. And yes, we usually partied almost up to 2 am and wake up 6 am the next day.

Here are the photos of Shangri-La Hotel:

1. Me and Damon's room no, 1209
Room 1209 of Shangri La Hotel

2. Two single beds and a very tired Damon
Two beds in the room

3. Dressing area in the toilet, toilet seems to be bigger than my room
Mirror area

4. The bathtub which is always clean at least once a day
Bath tub in the toilet
* It's a sad thing that I did not have enough time to enjoy this.......

5. Showering area with a complimentary towel
Shower area

6. Two toilet bowls, I wonder what is the other one for
Two toilet bowls

7. One sofa and a perfect viewing area
One person sofa and a view

8. Marcus and Damon enjoying the room to its fullest
Marcus and  Damon

9. Our resourcefulness in how to keep the room cool
A good use for a piece of paper

Throughout our stay in Jakarta, we visited malls after malls, pubs after pubs, hotels after hotels. I can easily say that most of their shopping complexes are far more luxurious than Malaysia's shopping complexes.

Here are some photos to depict the luxury mall in Jakarta:

1. The mall managed by our good friend, Marcus @ Marcus's mall
Photobucket

2. Grand Indonesia mall as carved on the sign
Grand Indonesia

3. Damon walking towards the camera, notice the luxury decorations? @ Grand Indonesia
Damon walking in some mall

4. Nice pillars and an awesome view outside of the mall @ Grand Indonesia
Eric and Marcus in some mall too

5. Christmas tree decorated with jewelry @ Grand Indonesia
Christmas tree decorated with jewelry

6. Cafe in the middle of the mall, how ingenious
Cafe in the middle of the mall

7. Woodwork gallery in one of the mall
Wood work gallery

8. More statues made of wood, cheap labour and good craftsmanship or are they mass manufactured?
More wood works

We also visited some shanty town areas like the Indonesian art market, the weather was really hot and the art market was somewhat dirty, kinda reminded me of Pasar Seni back in Malaysia.

1. Many handicraft woodwork @ Art market
Photobucket

2. Shanty town look @ Art market
Photobucket

There are far too many photos to be uploaded. I am not really a fan of going to shopping malls at all, especially not in Malaysia unless I have something I would like to purchase. I find it a waste of time and a drain to my wallet.

However, I was able to enjoy the window shopping and the malls in Jakarta. Friends and a great atmosphere to boot, definitely a place worthy of loitering and walking around. Meanwhile, stay tuned for Jakarta Trip from 13/12/2008 to 17/12/2008 Part 3.......

No comments: