Monday, February 22, 2010

Annual Leave Non Gym Session 17/02/2010 to 18/02/2010

Annual Leave Non Gym Session 17/02/2010 to 18/02/2010

I was unable sleep longer than 8 hours during my Chinese New Year holiday. I woke up around 8 am for those two days. Due to the fact that I woke up so early, I decided to bring Little Foot for a walk for those two days.

Here are the stats for the said walks:

Wednesday, 17/02/2010, light cardio session
45 mins walking Little Foot around the part for 6 times
* Resulted in 150 calories burned and about 3.6km walked(estimated)

Thursday, 18/02/2010, light cardio session
45 mins walking Little Foot around the part for 6 times
* Resulted in 150 calories burned and about 3.6km walked(estimated)

On Thursday dated 18/02/2010, I followed my cousin to the batting range in 1Utama for some baseballs and softballs practice. The cost for 10 balls were RM5 and the cost for playing 30 minutes were RM40. We opt for 20 balls first and then a shared 30 minutes non stop session.

Here are the stats for that exercise:

Thursday, 18/02/2010, medium cardio session
5 mins hitting baseballs with a baseball bat
20 mins hitting softballs with a softball bat

Towards the end of the ordeal my body was very tired. However, I felt a lot better in terms of releasing stress when hitting those balls and I am looking forward for another session to participate in such event sometime in the future.

Also, I have recently completed Bioshock 2 which I purchased from Steam during its preordered sale . Here is a short review of the game. The game length was at as short as the first one which is around 10 hours or so. Fortunately, this game was just as good as the first one. Good voice acting, great visuals and gave quite a lot of freedom to the player how to tackle a situation.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Main menu of Bioshock 2
Bioshock 2 Menu Screen

2. Loading screen
Sample loading screen

3. In-game encyclopedia
Photobucket

4. A familiar place from Bioshock 1, except this was towards the end.
Familiar tower?

5. Starting the game with a huge drill as an arm, awesome.
Photobucket

6. Again with all the photos and conspiracies
Photobucket

7. This is what happens when you are outside of Rapture.
Outside of Rapture

8. In-game water effects are awesome, haven't seen any game that does it that well.
Water effects are awesome

9. My first in-game Little Sister mission
Photobucket

10. Big Daddy prototype (me) versus Big Daddy
Photobucket

11. Nice collection of butterflies in an apartment
Photobucket

12. My favourite weapon, 50 caliber chain gun (seems a bit weak before upgrading)
Photobucket

13. Keying codes for secured doors, like the olden days.
Keying in codes

14. The coward who you can choose to spare or kill later
The coward

15. Big brain in the tube, failed experiment
Big brain

16. Last opposition in the game
Lamb is more insane than Ryan

17. My in game daughter
My in-game daughter

18. This happens when my in-game daughter tries to communicate with me.
Daughter in my brain

19. My daughter's in game shrine
Her shrine

20. My daughter transformed herself into a Big Sister
My daughter is a big sister

21. I finally get to look at myself in the end of the game
Photobucket
*Similar to Bioshock 1, I have used the usual keyboard and mouse combo for this first person shooter game as intended.

Pros:
1. Very engaging story, well written from the beginning to the end, there was an expected but pleasant plot twist.
2. Great graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.
3. Using plasmids and weapons for fights simultaneously enhance the experience in fights compared to Bioshock 1.

Cons:
1. Sometimes, I won't know what to do next
2. Multiplayer is very iffy, don't have enough people to play online.
3. The game length was far too short around 8-9 hours only.

My verdict for this game is 9.0 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of First Person Shooter with an excellent story. This is one of the rare sequel to FPS games that is as good as the first one in terms of story and presentation.

No comments: