Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/02/2010

Weekend Non Gym Session 28/02/2010

I woke up fairly early today to bring my dog for a walk. It was around 9:00 am and it was somewhat cooling.

The stats of the walk is as follows:

Sunday, 28/02/2010, medium cardio session
40 mins walking Little Foot around the part for 5 times
* Resulted in 120 calories burned and about 3.0km walked(estimated)

Also, I have recently completed Mass Effect 1 which I purchased from forumer almost a year ago . Here is a short review of the game. The game length was quite decent around 25-30 hours.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

1. Mass Effect 1 main title shot
Photobucket

2. The stats of my main character
Photobucket

3. My first initial team with Kaidan and Ashley
Photobucket

4. Weird dreams after the encounter with the beacon in Eden Prime
Photobucket

5. My main pilot, Joker
Photobucket

6. My frigate, the Normandy
Photobucket

7. First battle on Eden Prime
Photobucket

8. My first encounter with husks created from Dragon Teeth
Photobucket

9. The main villain in the game, or is he?
Photobucket

10. Arriving at the citadel, guess what is that in the end?
Photobucket

11. The citadel, sort of like our current United Nations
Photobucket

12. Scary Geth stalker
Photobucket

13. Mako, an in-game vehicle used to travel on different planets
Photobucket

14. Didn't the Krogan hunt these to extinction? (ie. Rachni)
Photobucket

15. An ally in one of the major in game battle
Photobucket

16. An old Virtual Intelligent ("VI") of an ancient civilization
Photobucket

17. The rogue Spectre, Saren
Photobucket

18. Sovereign, the ship of Saren, or someone else?
Photobucket

19. Saren going thru some upgrades?
Photobucket

20. The ending or to be continued?
Photobucket
*For Mass Effect which played like 3rd person shooter, I have used the usual keyboard and mouse combo.

Pros:
1. Very engaging story, well written from the beginning to the end, there were many unexpected plot twist.
2. Decent graphics, great sound effects and excellent voice over.
3. Even the back story of each alien species are well documented. Therefore, there is quite a bit of replayability in this game.
4. The game length was decent, around 27 to 30 hours or so (depending whether if you rush the main quest or do all the sidequests.

Cons:
1. Sometimes, I won't know what to do next
2. Navigation was a bitch within the system and also in different planets
3. Mako portion of the game was the least entertaining.
4. Quite buggy, a lot of crashes every now and then.

My verdict for this game is 8.5 out of 10. I definitely would recommend anybody who is a fan of 3rd Person Shooter and Role Playing Game ("RPG"). This is one of the rare excellent sci-fi RPG developed and definitely deserved some attention. Upon completing this, I immediately went out and bought the 2nd installment which I will be reviewing shortly.

No comments: